Wednesday, January 6, 2016

meh/fug

http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/381978/file-2372421179-jpg/deflated_balloon_-_cropped.jpg 
Happy new year!  All in all, I'm feeling very positive about 2015 (best year of my life so far?) and mildly... ambivalent about the prospect of 2016.  That's a better stance than my usual doom-and-gloom outlook of recent years.   I'm prepared to admit 2016 could go either way, but I can't shake off that early-January fugginess and discontent.  I'm not even feeling the vibe of everybody's positive changes (or intentions) like I usually do, something that always spurs me on.  I went low-key with my own resolutions this year (1 - set the table properly for dinner each night, 2 - really try to start eating fish) and am failing in both so far.  Well, I did MAKE healthy salmon burgers last night, I just couldn't bring myself to eat them, or to eat anything else once my nostrils and mind were filled with fishiness.  (I'm assured by the fish-eaters in my household that they were nice, so here's the recipe, should you want to try them.  They were very easy to make.)  Maybe I should have set my goals for the year a little higher so that a partial failure would be closer to a partial success, if you see what I mean.  Failing at such half-hearted resolutions really amounts to nothing.  Well, I guess it's never too late to set new goals for yourself and I do have all the usual ones in mind - eat well, be active, create, sort out my house...  But mojo?  I have none.  I'm sure it will start to return as I wean myself off the booze and crisps that have been my diet for the last month.  I think a lot of my demotivated state of mind is to do with the fact I spent 11 months of last year losing weight (with considerable difficulty) and just 1 month putting nearly all of it back on (with incredible ease).  Meh!  Meh, I say!  (Only because the words "bah" and "humbug" are no longer seasonally appropriate.)

If you're reading this and have set yourself some challenges for the year ahead, do let me know.  I need someone to inspire me to make more of an effort.  Motivate me, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)