Monday, April 6, 2015

monstrous fashion choices

I'm often trying to think of simple but exciting crafty activities for Dulcie and I to do together these days.  She hasn't always got the greatest of attention spans (my three-year-old is a three-year-old, remember) and she can get frustrated if she feels the finished result is not that impressive.  With that in mind, this T-shirt was the perfect project for her.  I got this idea from someone's blog a LONG time ago, I think maybe from Sarah Dyer?  I can't quite remember, so please let me know if it was you and I'm not giving you the credit you deserve!
I cut the mouth shape from sticky paper and we used sticker dots for the eyes.  I helped Dulcie stick these on and then let her loose with the fabric pen, scribbling like a maddie.  I got her to peel off the stickers and add pupils, arms and legs.  Then Dulcie took it upon herself to add teeth (at which point I secretly thought she'd kind of ruined it!) and a toothbrush (which saved it again!) in his right hand.  Toothbrushing is pretty major in her life these days.  She is so proud of this T-shirt and loves wearing it.  I'm so proud of her toothbrush-drawing skills!  Check that out!

Even without adult intervention and the help of stickers, Dulcie's drawings are slowly beginning to resemble things, at long last.  This is her recent drawing of Elsa from Frozen...but you knew that already, right?!  Har!
 
P.S. If you're thinking of doing something similar, my fabric pens are a cheap pack from Ikea and they seem to be pretty good. This top has already been through a few washes and hasn't faded at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)