Sunday, February 22, 2015

swim sunday #7

http://lesliesguidinghistory.webs.com/photos/Brownie-Badges/Brownie%20Interest%20Badge%201968%20-%20Swimmer.JPG
Target total this week: 381
Lengths swum this week: 56
Total lengths swum: 384 (3 ahead of target)

I'd need to swim 51 lengths this week to meet next week's target.

I did this in one big swim again and it was the first time in this challenge that I've felt unfit rather than unwell.  This is a good thing!  I definitely spent much more time swimming then resting and I got tired towards the end, but kind of normal tired rather than absolutely-nothing-left-in-the-tank, lungs-on-fire tired.  This was great, just what I needed.  I'm not sure whether I was just having a good day or whether the previous swims are starting to have an effect, but hopefully this challenge will start getting a little bit easier and making me feel a whole lot better.  Yay!

I don't think I ever got my swimming badge while I was a Brownie, but I'm awarding it to myself now.  Ha!  I found the photo of the Brownie badge at the top of this post here.  You should click on the link to see more, including this BEAUTIFUL thrift badge, apparently from the 1930s.

1930s Brownie Interest Badge (Thrift)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)