Tuesday, June 24, 2014

time-travelling tuesday (part 7)


29th February 1988
Today I went swimming swimming.  We got a lady called Joyce or maybe she spells it like this Joice.  She gave us a little test.  We had to swim one breadth without stopping.  We got a certifacate.  Only Julia Garry and I went.

1st March 1988 [and some faces drawn here - see picture above]
Today when I did my writing I had to write William walks to school then the poem that is going to be on the cairn.  The Ythen welly boots had to go home early.

[I'm guessing the Ythen Welly Boots were the children who travelled from the neighbouring village, not even a village, of Ythenwells, though I had no recollection of ever calling them this.]

2nd March 1988 [more faces drawn here - see picture above]
Tonight I write two ballets and I am going to write one more.  [Prolific or what?!]  I went over to Julias house to play.  Toby was there too.  Mummy made new curtains with the sewing machine.

3rd March 1988
Now then today I made a game and played it with mum.  She was sulking because I won the game.  I finished The Firebird.

4th March 1988
Today there was no dancing.  I discovered that Gary L, Gary W, William R, Robert Hunter, Garry N, Gordon B, Jhon W and Toby R all love me.  I won a game of jump the blob.

[Wow!  I was so popular, no?  My school was tiny and that's nearly 50% of all the boys!  Perhaps it was my Jump The Blob skills that attracted them all...?]

abcmafexyz to from 5 t e 5th March 1988
Today it was snowing so naturally I went out to play.  Mr Scott brought up some skis.  Mrs Scott let me let me have a go.  I was very good at it.  I watched a very good film.

e e e 8 6th March 1988
Right now I cant think what to right.  I know I'll give you a name.  Donna Diary.  I was doing my writers badge for Brownies on Thursday.  I was baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)