Friday, March 14, 2014

more life in (and on) the doll's house

Just a few pictures of Dulcie playing, in her own unconventional way, with our doll's house...
...wearing my shoes while she's at it.
It's been good to get a bit more up-close-and-personal with the doll's house lately, it makes me see its potential once again.
I definitely want to go with '70s-esque decor, though I'm not going to worry overly about authenticity etc.  I found a great wee shop on etsy who sells all sorts of doll's house goodies, including wallpaper.  I think I'm going to order enough for one room soon to see what the quality is like.  If it's good, I will go ahead and order some more.  There are a fair few designs I like...and I'm trying hard to resist venetian blinds!  Maybe I'll make some of my own?
I think I might go with this wallpaper first - a bold statement piece!
Or this one?
Dulcie couldn't care less about the decor.  She just loves climbing on the roof with the teeny tiny broom to do some sweeping while she sings "When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)