Monday, March 3, 2014

gigging girl

 Yesterday (while I was working - boooo!) Graham took Dulcie to her first gig.  Apparently she had a great time, dancing and clapping non-stop before flaking out and falling asleep through the last few numbers.  We managed to borrow these ear defenders for the day, but I think we might get her a pair of her own for future use, since she had such a good time.  One of Graham's friends gave them a lift to the venue and I think the car journey was probably just as exciting as the rest of the day!  Dulcie was full of news when I got home from work, which was lovely.
And here she is (post-nap, I think) hanging out with the drummer from the band.  He's actually an old friend of Graham's, we don't just hand her over to any random man with a pint really!

I'd better get going.  I've got a day's annual leave today.  I booked it ages ago for no particular reason and then forgot all about it until a few days ago.  I'm having a really good day so far, helped in no small part by the blue skies and sunshine.  I dropped Dulcie off at nursery a bit later than usual and then headed straight into town to look for pyjamas since Dulcie has suddenly out-grown all her sleepy suits.  I hate looking for clothes etc. for myself, but choosing bits and pieces for Dulcie is fun, fun, fun.  While I was in town, I paid a visit to Niche Optical Tailor and chose a new pair of glasses for myself.  I'm so excited about this as I have been trying and failing to find new frames for a year or so thanks to my incredibly wide head.  No, really.  You might remember Niche sorted me out with my last frames (over three years ago, I think - wowsers) after much fruitless searching elsewhere, and the service today was just as good again.  I must have tried on about 50 pairs.  At one point the young man who was helping me said, "What time do you need to pick your wee girl up?" and I replied, "Don't worry, not for another six hours or so."  He really did look worried, the poor boy!  In the end I was pretty decisive (by my usual standards!) and I'm really happy with the frames I chose.  They'll be ready within the week and I can't wait!  I'm getting my hair cut today too.  I'll be all neat and tidy and shiny and new in time for the springing of spring :)

P.S. Would you belive Graham has a background in photography?  No, me neither!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)