Tuesday, July 26, 2011

when hands come in handy

Some scenes from this weekend, modelled by my hands. Firstly, Graham found peas in the supermarket for me! Woo hoo! I have eaten more than is probably healthy. Yum.
I also finished the bunny ear hat. I think it looks a bit big for a newborn (said hopefully, knowing where that head is meant to go before it goes in this hat...) so I am glad I didn't go for the 0-3 months size in the end. Actually, this is the third time I've made this hat and every time it has come out slightly larger than anticipated, so I should have known. I am not a swatch maker, I just knit blindly. Still, better too big than too small. Now I need to knit a black cardigan to match so that our baby can look like this rabbit. Well, like the human version of that rabbit. I'm getting rather superstitious, careful what you wish for etc. Too much time spent reading fairy tales and watching Jim Henson's Storyteller as a child!

Better run - I need to leave for work in about 90 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)