Tuesday, May 17, 2011

quilling in progress

In a totally out-of-character act of non-procrastination, I've made a start on my Yulia Brodskaya inspired quilling already. Woo hoo! There's a lot of glue where there shouldn't be, but I'm hoping that will be covered up by the colourful quilled bits when I add them. I'm very pleased with how it's looking so far. I was going to say it hasn't been too tricky, but it is very fiddly and I've just realised from looking at the time of my last post that it has taken me nearly three hours to do the outlines of these five letters. It didn't feel like three hours (I must have been enjoying myself) and I suppose that includes preparation time for making up the text and cutting the strips of white card. I'm not cutting the coloured strips by hand, thank goodness, I just thought it would be easier if the letters were outlined in card rather than paper, so I cut some for the purpose. I'm not sure if this counts as quilling yet, since I haven't done any curly bits, but I did use my twiddling tool, so I'm going to say that it does. I can't decide what colours/patterns to use and am a bit scared now because I like the way the white letters are turning out and I'm getting quite attached to it already. I hope I don't ruin it. Right, off to make a start on the Y-O-U and then maybe leave the colourful bit until tomorrow. Quilling! Who'd have thought it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)