Saturday, April 30, 2011

greatness in the palm of your hand

I made another treasury on etsy, this time called Greatness In The Palm Of Your Hand. I had noticed that quite a few of my favourite items had been photographed on hands and I liked the way they looked together. It wasn't very easy to find enough other items to fill the treasury up (and I had vowed to have the full 16 this time around) as I couldn't exactly use any specific search terms. This turned out to be a good thing though as I stumbled across so many nice items and sellers in my foraging that I might never have seen otherwise. I think I'll try to do more treasuries this way (the hard way!) in future. You can see the treasury in more detail/click on any items that take your fancy here.

In other news... Well, I survived wedding fever without feeling the need for a sick bag. I actually quite enjoyed the ten minutes that I watched and loved both the bride and the groom's outfits. The live wedding dress recreation was frankly rubbish when I visited, but that was pretty early on, so maybe they mustered up a bit more of a celebratory atmosphere later in the day? It didn't look as though they had any lace (just a large piece of cheap white cotton) which would surely have posed a bit of a problem in the dress-making stakes... [Edit: Just walked past the shop and saw the finished dress in the window and it looked brilliant - very like the real thing and with plenty of lace! So quick to judge...]

Just back from the vet AGAIN. Poppy is still refusing to take her tablets and while she is much better already thanks to her injections, she does still need to take the tablets to make sure the infection is totally gone. I now have slightly different tablets and a syringe, so fingers crossed we'll have a bit more luck. It was a different vet today. While she was having a very close look at Poppy's lady bits, she tugged on a bit of matted hair. Poppy was most unhappy about that and emitted a hiss from her bottom before doing a mini projectile poo at the vet. So that was kind of amusing. For me, at least! I don't think either cat or vet were too happy about it... Hopefully (for your sake and mine) this will be the last cat-at-the-vet story for a long while.

Right, off to syringe the cat and maybe go for a wander before going round to my friend's for dinner. I've been promised chickpea curry, which is one of my favourites, so I'm rather looking forward to it. Mmmm!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog!
    I'm a new follower (:
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks, Rixt! Sorry I was a bit slow in getting your comment up - I'm just back from a few days at the seaside

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)