Thursday, March 17, 2011

let the craftathon commence!

Would you believe me if I told you that I learned how to crochet on my lunch break today? Well, I did! I'm planning to make a ripple blanket so I had to learn how to do triple stitch first.
Fortunately I found this book in a charity shop the other day and it had instructions for triple stitch as well as some awesome boots to make. Unfortunately I couldn't understand the triple stitch instructions. Fortunately my workmate Veronica had been taught to crochet by her granny (over a quarter of a century ago as she pointed out) and was able to help me make a bit more sense of them :)

So now I can do triple stitch. I'm going to practise that for a little while longer yet and then start practising my rippling. It feels good to be learning something new and I think I could really like crochet. I'll keep you posted.

Hopefully I'll be back on the old blog again soon. Work is a bit mental at the moment, with long shifts and not many days off (hence the lunch break crochet session) but I aim to be back soon with some tales from the charity shops of Elgin and Glasgow. I've had some great luck in that department over the last week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)