Saturday, November 20, 2010

I can't make an omelette

I actually am not very good at making omelettes, but of course you knew I was referring to that old adage, "You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs." I've been on late shifts this week and have been trying to be productive in the mornings. One of my tasks was to rejig the craft room. The plan was that by today (my one and only measly day off, harumph) the craft room would be ready for me to go into uber-making overload...
Well, you can see how that has turned out. Yup, I'm in more of a mess than ever. Still, it is progress, believe it or not. The shelves in the top right of this picture are a new addition (to this room - they're pretty old and weather-beaten really) and I think they may actually change my life! So much storage! My craft book collection has overgrown the shelves in our bedroom so, much to Graham's relief, I am moving the whole thing down here. They'll be much more browsable and they'll be right beside my computer/scanner/printer station (see? more sensible progress!) so I'll be able to share them with you at the drop of a hat. Unfortunately, Graham is post-work napping right now, so I can't get to the craft books to move them downstairs and I don't know how much space they'll take up on the shelves, so I don't want to go filling them up with lots of other stuff. Yes, progress is S-L-O-W. I'm finding lots of good stuff as I move things about though. Turns out I have books about weight lifting and water skiing (two more sports I've never tried) to go with those karate books...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)