Wednesday, March 17, 2010

ladies' night at the pool

I would have been swimming this evening, but it's ladies only on a Wednesday. No, don't freak out! I'm not doing a reverse Tyke Tiler on you... You're absolutely right - I AM a lady. Sadly, my swimming companion (who was to bring my swimming suit and towel with him) is not, so instead of swimming I am sewing. This swimming story is a non-starter really, but it seemed like a good excuse to share this great sign. This is not the pool I go to, but I do think my pool should get a sign like this. They could switch the lady on when it was ladies only, then everyone would know where they stood.

It was actually a little bit naughty of me to use a flickr photo to blog tonight (and to blog when I have nothing much to say!) because my own computer is alive again. Hooray! I got a new cable for it yesterday and it feels like such a luxury to know my computer won't die at a moment's notice when I'm in the middle of doing something. Also, it means I should be able to move my computer around the house again. I'm hoping this will make me a better blogger, but we shall see!

It's probably just as well the pool didn't happen tonight really. I am starting to freak out about how much sewing I have to do. Cripes! All my non-working time seems to be getting sucked up by people to see, places to go, things to do... Before I know it, a barrage of handmade-gift-requiring birthdays and exciting events will be upon me. I'm hoping the birthdays aren't ruined (lump of coal anyone?) and that my stalls will not be empty or...a bit rubbish? The horror! I'll get there in the end, it's just that I have so many things I want to make and I know some of them will have to be put aside for some other time.

Oh, I forgot to tell you the tragic news! It turns out I am allergic to embroidering! Don't worry - I am willing to sacrifice my fingers and thumbs to keep giving the world the gift of my stitching :) Talking of which, I'm going to get back to the sewing now. I want to get a bit more done before I settle down to watch Mad Men. Oh, Mad Men, how I love you. I also have Pointless taped from this afternoon and Masterchef is on at the moment, so great telly all round. Yes, Pointless is back - whoop! That is kind of exciting, but can someone tell me why they have changed the format and dumbed it down? I much preferred series one's high-brow format! Ha! OK, sewing. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)