Friday, December 4, 2009

You win some, you lose some

Originally uploaded by minkee.

Apologies for my absence this week. I have been working myself into the ground, subtitling by day and then crafting by night into the wee small hours of the morning. I'm not feeling too ready for tomorrow's market but am officially too tired to do anything else tonight. I will get up early tomorrow instead.

Today has been a real mix of highs and lows. At some point tonight, the heating, the internet, the microwave and the towel rail have all been broken. The microwave and the towel rail still are broken. My much needed friend has pulled out of helping me at Sunday's market, too. Nooo! And I had a wee disaster that I can't tell you about for fear of looking unprofessional!

But on the upside, I have spotted a definite theme in this year's advent calendar from my sister. I opened doors 1-4 tonight (it's been trapped at the sorting office until today) and have already amassed a fine collection of a-ma-zing vintage buttons! In other great news, I made my first shopify sale. Woo hoo! It feels great to sell something, and I also know for sure that the shop works. And my subtitles were on tonight's Eastenders. And then (yes, there's more) I found out that I've won one of these prints (pictured) by Minkee in a giveaway. Aren't they lovely? I am hoping for the one in the middle, even though they are all great :)

Anyway, good luck to any of you who are joining me in the Christmas market madness this weekend. I hope we all come home rich (and creatively satisfied!) beyond our wildest dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)