Friday, September 11, 2009

a veritable meadow of zip brooches!

Zips, zips, zips, zips, as far as the eye can see. And (now) all with backs attached. Yeah! Time to move onto something else but I might return and make more of these if I have time before Made in the Shade. I've been making zip brooch backs since around 8am today, stopping only to play my cello for the first time in about 3 years. That did not help the burgeoning blisters (zip induced) but it was fun and, to my surprise, the cats liked it.

I am still unemployed, unfortunately, but am trying to stay positive and get into a routine with things, hence the 8am sewing start today. Apparently I nearly got my dream job (it was "VERY close" and there was only a "whisker" between me and the person who did get it) which, overall, doesn't make me feel too much better about it :( They did also say they would be in touch if any other positions opened up with them but I think that is pretty unlikely to happen. I just hope I see something else advertised that I really want to do. In the meantime, I plan to buy a lottery ticket :) And I did get to go for a lovely dinner with my friend, Julia, while I was in Edinburgh for the interview so it wasn't a total waste of time.

Right, off to find the next pre-market project. Maybe a trip to my lovely local craft store for some double sided sticky tape?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Laura, I'm so sorry you didn't get the job. Like my mum says though, keep your pecker up, the right thing for you is just around the corner x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)