Saturday, July 4, 2009

word drill

I got this sweet looking book for 20p at the Inchinnan fete book stall a few weeks ago but hadn't got round to photographing it until today.
It's a bit wavy and bendy but I'm hoping it will flatten eventually. The two images above are from the cover. It's a school phonics book and was used in 1962 by Maureen Mitchell and in 1963 by Neal McHoull. Their names are written inside.
Most of the pages have pictures like these. I love them!
If you're very good I might post an old picture of me in my Brownie uniform!
I love two colour printing! I have some other lovely two colour books I might share here at some point. I wanted my hulder print to have this sort of look and I think it does. Go me!
This is one of the best pages - I love the hare, the whale, the name and the inch-tape. Four top scorers on one page!
Here's the cover in full. Made in Glasgow as you can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)