Friday, June 19, 2009

Inchinnan '09!


Phew! I didn't mean to be away for so long, especially leaving that shameless plug sitting at the top of my blog for a whole week.  Sorry about that.  Last weekend was great -  Jarvis was every bit as brilliant as I had hoped (and funnier too) and then on Saturday we returned to the summer fete at Inchinnan.  We tried not to let our hopes get too high (last year was bloomin' brilliant!) and managed to have a good day as a result.
Graham snapped this sneaky pic of the line dancers.  You can see the 10p book stall in the background, where I got a fair few top bargains, some to keep and some to chop up.
Here's the entrance to the tea room...  The cake's were every bit as rubbish as last year (which made us laugh) and everyone was treated to either a dry pancake or a pancake slathered in margarine.
I got a few very nice bargains at the Bric a Brac stall (nothing to rival Pride and Joy, obviously) including this plate which was really lovely and was destined to hang on my wall of many wonders until Graham broke it.  Harumph!  I rescued it from the bin for this photo and have kept the pieces as I have a crafty (literally) plan for them.

After the fete, we went to the bowling club (where the Inchinnan logo at the top of this post hangs above the bar) for a drink with Graham's mum and dad.  We had a good time and got a little tipsy into the bargain.  I have some of the best ever photos from the journey home.  Graham went to "relieve himself" down an alleyway when two very merry ladies (one pushing the other in a shopping trolley) rolled up and got a right eyeful.  Much shrieking ensued and I was on hand with my camera to capture the moment.  Unfortunately I've been banned from publishing the pictures on the web.  There aren't even any rude bits visible.  What a spoilsport, eh?  Hee hee!

p.s. I'm planning a little (gigantic, I mean) giveaway soon, so keep your eyes peeled!

2 comments:

  1. i love line dancers! they have a place in my heart just below morris dancers and people who spend their weekends re-enacting battles from the war of the roses... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd be quite well suited to line dancing - I haven't found any other type of dancing I can do yet but I am ever hopeful :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)