Sunday, May 24, 2009

Is it a bird? Is it a plane?

One minute it's a random knitted blob/blanket gone wrong and the next...

Surprise!
It's an Elizabeth Zimmerman baby surprise jacket.  It just took a fold and a quick straight seam et voila!  Oh yeah, and the months of knitting... and not knitting...  This really shouldn't have taken me as long as it did.  It'll be nearly two months late by the time Ruth gets it.  I bought the pattern (ages and ages ago, meaning to knit it for Angus) here but couldn't have done it without the free explanatory notes by Dawn Adcock (apparently no longer available).  They were such a lifesaver.
Do you like my spangly button?
I think this jumper would be much easier second time around.  It was pretty straightforward but I kept doubting myself because I just couldn't see how it was going to go together and I had the wrong number of stitches most of the time.  I had heard the advice that you should just trust the pattern and go with it but it was hard.  Next time (never!) I will be much more relaxed.
Here is the back view just in case you're interested...

I think I have now officially retired from knitting.

I've been having a generally productive weekend.  As well as finishing the knitting, I goccoed (yay! I'll share that soon, even though it wasn't without hitches) and went to Bernie's last night for some pre-market crafting.  I went button crazy so am well-stocked in that department.  I would like to get some more Dots and Pats sewn (especially following this sweet nudge) and am still waiting to be struck by the lightning bolt of inspiration for an extra je ne sais quoi...  For those of you who might be interested, the market will be in Mono (King's Court) on Sunday afternoon (May 31st).  I'll share more info nearer the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)