Sunday, March 22, 2009

new do and an apron too

This is me!  Ta da!  I'm not sure if I've posted a (grown up) picture of myself on here before?  I got my hair cut on Thursday and I don't like it.  It's my own fault for not knowing how I wanted my hair to look but I would have known I didn't want it to look like this, I just misunderstood what the hairdresser meant.  I don't regret getting inches lobbed off - if anything I wanted it a bit shorter - so I suppose I can get it cut again if I really can't get used to it in the next week or so.  All that said, I don't mind it so much in this photo.  In fact, I almost like it.  I did mind it in the photo below which is why I cropped my head off.  Oh, the vanity!
I bought this Tunnock's teacake apron for Graham yesterday at Sloan's Market and I think it's brilliant.  I'm innocently modeling here, and not stealing it... honest!  This apron's maker is Gillian Kyle, who seems to be as lovely as she is talented and actually recognised me as having bought a couple of bags from her at Christmas.  Now that's what I call good customer service!  Graham loves his new apron but I knew he would.   Apparently Gillian's website will be up and running soon but until then I think you can find her at Sloan's Market every weekend?  All her stuff looks great and I'm sure I'll get myself a shiny teacake tote bag eventually.

5 comments:

  1. your hair looks lovely! pictures are the way to go when it comes to hair though. my friend does mine and i always show her a picture. and then nine times out of ten times she tells me i already have that haircut, i just need to do a bit more than tip my head upside down and blast it with a hairdryer every other day. and i haven't forgotten your parcel, i'm just teacher busy at the moment! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't mention the teacher busy! Parents evening, pending inspections... But also pending easter holidays - yippee! Thanks for the hair positivity. I think I'm getting used to it myself now, too, if only the sky would stop raining on it. Then it just looks like a hat... And not a good hat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only tunnocks teacakes were actually that big...awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just in case anyone wants to browse or buy some of Gillian's fabulous work, she now has a folksy shop here. Definitely worth a visit :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)