Saturday, February 28, 2009

told you I was tickled by tiny...


Originally uploaded by confetti*snowstorm

Yesterday I mentioned my growing love of tininess. I favourited these gloves on flickr quite a while back because they are... frankly mental. I can't even knit full size gloves. These have five tiny fingers each. It's completely crazy. How how how can this happen? They are knitted by a lady called Althea Merback (I suppose if you have a name like that it's almost inevitable that you do some sort of ridiculously creative activity) who knitted the costumes for the film version of Coraline. I came across this video on Whipup recently.

Corlaine comes out in the UK in May, just in time for my birthday. I think I'm going to go and see it (in 3D!) for my birthday outing. I've never seen a 3D film before. Tiny knitting in 3D. Woo hoo!

(Edit: I've just noticed on the video that she is called Althea Crome and not Althea Merback but they MUST be the same person, right?  Surely there couldn't be two Altheas knitting such tiny garments?  That would be too strange.  Maybe she got married... but when would she possibly have found the time?)

1 comment:

  1. She has a website: http://www.bugknits.com/

    Lots of crazy tiny jumpers there, just in case anyone is interested :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)