Monday, December 22, 2008

memoir monday (eleven) - the christmas special!

Christmas 1986

On Christmas Eve we went over to Mr. Scott's house to have a drink.  When we got home I hung up my stocking and Percy's and Kraig's.  

In the morning I woke up at 5:30.  Mum said not to go through and wake her up until 7:30.  I tried to go back to sleep.  But seeing it was Xmas I couldn't.  At 7:00 Laura woke up (I had given up trying to go to sleep and was now reading).  Every 2 minutes Laura kept on saying, "Can I go through now?  Can I go through now?"  The answer was always, "In five minutes now."

When 7:30 came Laura shouted, "It's time!  Yippee!  Goody!  Yaba Daba Doo!"  We both went downstairs and looked in our stockings.  I got a tracing sheet, a whoopee cushion, comet puzzlers, arithmetic snap and lots of other stuff.  I got a technic snow ranger, a motor for it, 4 batteries and a recorder and a flute case.  From my mum I got monopoly and a magenta sweatshirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm sorry that I've had to turn on the word verification feature again, but my inbox was being flooded with very dull spam. Genuine comments always brighten my day though, so thank you for taking the time to leave one :)